10 Branding and Design Trends 2020 For Business
Branding & Design Trends that in 2020 For Business
The face of design is always changing over time, that’s why if you have realized most of the major brands will have a facelift once every 20 years, such as Starbucks and Coca-cola.
The past few years in design service have been dominated with bold, minimal and mind-bending gradients
Let’s take a deep dive into the trends of 2020:
#Trend 1: Unique & Strong Branding
In 2020, most of the entrepreneur is knowing that they need a unique and strong brand identity to differentiate the brands in the market. A brand is so much more than just a logo by thinking out of the box, building a broader and more comprehensive brand identity. Your brand identity should be made up of a variety of design assets including a logo style board, business card, website, social media presence and more.
#Trend 2: Typography Craze
Designers are playing with typography big time in 2020. We will expect to see artistic typography, maxi typography split into multiple lines, thick and heavy fonts and typography which forms various shapes.
Source: Behance by Lucas Wakamatsu
Customizing your branded font is a great way to differentiate and stand out significantly but before start designing make sure you know what the typography is going to say about your brand and here’s how Netflix Sands font looks like on their branding.
#Trend 3: Flat & Minimalism
Flat & minimalism along with the evolving discipline of UI/UX design is giving designers a powerful tool to help people to easily navigate the content. In 2020, will moving forward to more warm, white-and-light, beige, sage and pale yellow will be showing up more from new brands.
#Trend 4: Isometric Illustration
Isometric graphics are going to evolve into a fully animated visual solution like an actual 3D which moves, play and attracted the audience.
#Trend 5: Beautiful Flowing, Shapes & Line
We will see the increase of fully illustrated and animated line art patterns and designs in 2020 trends, it’s great for conveying concepts and ideas.
#Trend 6: Mixture of Drawing & Photo
Doodling has started a fun trend and quickly became such a hit that we see it on designs all over online. Doodling often gives people a touch of personalisation and handcrafted composition, by combining simple illustration replacing parts of the photos.
#Trend 7: Muted Colour Palettes
Designers are stepping back from bold colour and towards more muted colour palettes for brands. Muted colours are colours slightly desaturated with black, white or complementary colour. In general, a little earthy, vintage and home-feeling
#Trend 8: Better Branded Animation
Both GIFs and animation have grown quickly across social media platform, email marketing and website. So companies should take the time to create better branded animation contents.
#Trend 9: Image & Text Masking
This isn’t a new technique but we foresee the modern era now is looking toward the trend of applying into the branding trend. It helps to achieve mysterious and minimal look at the same time, designers will keep creating compositions with image and text masking as per the sample image.
#Trend 10: Genuine & Neutral Stock Photo
People are now favouring and more appreciate with lifestyle, genuine and storytelling photo. Every piece of the visual has a story to tell and more believable, and this is humans of new york’s focusing on featuring the interview thousand of people on the streets of New York City.
View this post on Instagram
“We felt like there was a big change that was going to happen. I was a student at Berkeley. It was 1968. All of us thought: if only people could just sing and dance, and not get so caught up in the idea of being an ‘organization man.’ We had plenty of brilliant theoreticians to buoy our point of view. They gave us tools to talk about our ideas. But there was an arrogance there too. We really thought we were going to enlighten those poor suckers—the older generation who went to the office everyday, and didn’t understand the world. We were going to fix them. We were going to save America from it’s greed. But greed was never an American condition. It’s a human condition. This ‘give me,’ this grasping. You see it in babies. You see it in old people. It’s who we are. It’s us. You can moderate it, but you’ll never fix it. And a lot of us ‘sixties kids’ got depressed when we finally realized this. We turned to drinking and smoking dope. I started down that path myself, until I found a wonderful job working with senior citizens in Pennsylvania. These were railway workers, conservatives– people I’d always seen as part of the problem. But they were absolute sweethearts. I loved spending time with them. That job is what saved me. As a student, I’d only understood ‘work’ as part of a theoretical framework. Something society forced upon the underclass. But work is what gave me purpose. It connected me with people. It freed me from theory.”
On the other hand, there are some trending practices you can apply when your new business ready!
- Personalize your brand – Customers are people with emotions, not a product so make the people able to relate to your brand in a more personalize oriented and they will be more likely to trust your brand and eventually love your brand. Building an authentic relationship with customers not just trying to sell them because they are looking for a personalized experience. Think about a brand personality that you want to project, what is your brand voice? Customers always want to speak to a human being behind a brand with a human connection but not a dead feeling robotic. Another way humanize your brand can be through some behind the scenes or sharing your employee moment on social media.
- Pay attention to online communities – One of the key trend most of the major brands are paying attention to the online branded communities including Sephora & Watson’s. The platform will allow consumers to talk about brand-related topics, provide advice and tips, as from the brand perspective they can utilise the data to understand consumer’s behaviour and interest. Sephora has an online forum called “Beauty Insider Community” where consumers can talk about beauty hacks, new trends and sharing recommendation.
- Customer experience is your key to brand loyalty – In order to improve customer experience, our communication channel has to be awesome and promptly while handling comments and enquiries. You will need to provide an exceptional customer experience to increase customer brand loyalty and this including giving out gifts to win over your competitors.
- Think about mobile-first – Mobile users have been increased over the years, people are shifting from desktop to tablet and mobile to consume online information. Make sure that all your digital contents are mobile-friendly to improve customer experience online.
- Actions of sustainability – More brands are trying to make a positive contribution through packaging, recycle initiative and charity campaign.
- Must use of influencer marketing – Influencers marketing trend has no sign of abating and most of the online consumers are very rely on influencers review and recommendation to make a purchase. Find an influencer that is suitable for your brand to collaborate so your brand exposure will increase across social media channels.View this post on Instagram
I love how this set of Senka White Beauty Product works wonder on my skin. It provides a long-lasting moisturising effect, it's smooth & rich texture easily penetrates into the skin layer to prevent dryness and rough skin. My skin feels hydrated, moisture and fresh after applying it! Follow Watashi+ by Shisedo Malaysia, shopee store for 12.12 promo Quote “WATADY” to get 10% off during check-out at Shopee. @senka_malaysia #senkaglowoclock
- Focusing of millenials, gen z and gen alpha – Millenials are now approaching their 30s-40s and Generation Z is entering are entering 20’s. This group of people are more tech-savvy and very likely to interact and communicate online.
- New perspectives on gender and sexuality – The people and market are evolving including the changing of attitude towards gender sexuality. More women empowering campaign, more feminine design, more multi-races driven visuals, all body sizes equal and much more.View this post on Instagram
📢 CALLING ALL INDEPENDENT WOMEN 📢 101 Guide: How to Celebrate International Women’s Day: Step 1: Call your mum, aunts, sisters, girlfriends and your favourite “Mak Cik Bawangs”. Step 2: Dress to impress, yourself💅🏻 👗👠 Step 3: Fill your tummies with some good food and drinks *clears throat* *whispers* “Juiceworks has the best drink for you!Specially for International Women’s Day, our favourite, Pretty in Pink!” Step 4: Spoil yourselves with a much needed Women’s Day, surrounded by empowering women, good food, great memories and a side of gossip because no hang out session is complete without them. You know you love us! XOXO GOSSI- ehem Juiceworks. #JuiceWorksMY #YourFavouriteJuiceFactory #IWD2020 #EachForEqual #InternationalWomensDay
In conclusion, the branding and design trends are super impressive and our team are looking forward to help your brands create an amazing brand story to tell. Click HERE to find out the unique branding and design for your own business!